Mangalore Kohinoor Travels is the chief port city of the Indian state of Karnataka. Bound by the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghat mountain ranges, Mangalore is the administrative headquarters of the Dakshina Kannada (formerly South Canara) district in south western Karnataka.
Mangalore Kohinoor Travels derives its name from the local Hindu deity Mangaladevi. It developed as a port on the Arabian Sea – remaining, to this day, a major port of India. Lying on the backwaters of the Netravati and Gurupura rivers, Mangalore is often used as a staging point for sea traffic along the Malabar Coast. The city has a tropical climate and lies on the path of the Arabian Sea branch of the South-West monsoons. Mangalore's port handles 75% of India's coffee exports and the bulk of the nation's cashew exports.
Mangalore Kohinoor Travels was ruled by several major powers, including the Kadambas, Vijayanagar dynasty, Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Hoysalas, and the Portuguese. The city was a source of contention between the British and the Mysore rulers, Hyder Ali and Tippu Sultan. Eventually annexed by the British in 1799, Mangalore remained part of the Madras Presidency until India's independence in 1947. The city was unified with the state of Mysore (now called Karnataka) in 1956.
Mangalore Kohinoor Travels is demographically diverse with several languages, including Tulu, Konkani, Kannada, and Beary commonly spoken, and is the largest city of Tulu Nadu region. The city's landscape is characterized by rolling hills, coconut palms, freshwater streams, and hard red-clay tiled-roof buildings. In an exercise carried out by the Urban Development Ministry under the national urban sanitation policy, Mangalore was placed 8th cleanest city in the country. In Karnataka it is 2nd after Mysore.
A Mangalore Kohinoor Travels city of multiple cultures, Mangalore is a seaside town on the Konkan coast, and a very important port city of the state of Karnataka. The origin of the city's name is from the Goddess Mangaladevi. However, there are many references to this city by names that are slightly different. For instance it was called 'Managalapuram' in 715 AD by a Pandya King, while in the 11th century an Arabian traveler called it 'Manjarur'. Today, its new name is 'Mangalooru', renamed by the Karnataka Government. The city of Mangalore is a scenic city dotted with coconut palms, hills and streams, and is known for its temples and beaches.
The Kudroli Sri Gokarnanatheshwara Temple, 3kms from the city, is an important landmark. You could also visit Kadri Sri Manjunatha Temple, located on the highest foothill, and dating back to 1086 AD. It houses what is said to be India's best bronze statue of the God Lokeshwara. While there, visit the stone caves on top of the hill called the Caves of the Pandavas.
Places around Mangalore is.
Dharmastala, situated 75 km east of Mangalore, has a number of Jain bastis including the famous Manjunatha Temple. There's also a 14-m-high Bahubali statue, which was erected in 1973. There is also a museum visiting which will give the visitor some idea of the place. Situated approximately 50 km northeast of Mangalore city is the Venur town. This small town is famous for its eight Jain bastis and the ruins of the Mahadeva temple. An 11-m-high Bahubali statue dating back to 1604 stands on the southern bank of the Gurupur River. Mudabidri has 18 Jain bastis. Situated 35 km northeast of Mangalore, this place is famous for its 15th-century Chandranatha temple, known colloquially as the 1000-pillar hall. Situated 20 km north of Mudabidri is Karkal, famous for its several important temples and a 13 km high Bahubali statue. The Bahubali statue is said to have been completed in the year 1432. The statue is on a small serene hillock on the outskirts of the town. One can get a good view of the Western Ghats from here.
Cherthala Kohinoor Travels (formerly known as Shertallai or Shertallay) is a Taluk and a municipality in Alappuzha (Alleppey) district in the state of Kerala, India. It is 42 km from Cochin and 22 km from Alleppey on the Cochin-to-Alleppey section of National Highway 47 Road Route and Railway Route.
Places of importance in Cherthala
1) Aroor is situated on the National Highway 47 between Cherthala and Kochi. Aroor is identified as industrial park for seafood exports. It is also one of the fish landing centres. There are few workshops specialised in automobile body building,mechanised boat building in Aroor. Aroor Industrial Estate and Chemical industrial estate is situated at northern side of Aroor, It was inaugurated by Former Revenue Minister Smt. K R Gowri Amma.The studio complex of the Manorama_News channel is also located in Aroor.Saint Augustine Church ,one of the oldest Latin Catholic churches is located near the busy NH47 Bypass-Edacochin junction and famous Pavumabai Temple is there. The Saint Augustine Higher School situated nearby.Aroor being well connected by NH-47 and railine to the Kochi City,is fast becoming one of the subsurb destination of Kochi city.
2) It is an important pilgrim centre of Latin Catholic Christians and is famous for well known St. Sebastian and the original name of the Church is St. Andrues church, popularly known as 'Arthunkal Church' situated 8 km south-west of Cherthala town facing the sea coast. Historians interpret the name Arthunkal differently. One version is that the thatched chapel built initially was at Arthikulangara and later the name was modified as Arithikulangal, Arithinkal and Arthunkal. Another version is that the "Siva" temple of the Puliyamkottu family used to conduct the 'Arattu Ulsav every year. The distance from the temple to the sea where Arattu was conducted came to be known as Arattunkal and later became Arthunkal. The temple doesn't exist anymore. Hindu pilgrims from Sabarimala used to visit Arthunkal and take bath in a tank in the Church premises to formally conclude their penance. The tank is not in existence now.
3) In Cherthala Kohinoor Travels, Andhakaranazhy is a coastal village located 4-km west of Pattanakkad.Its an marvellous beach location attracting the tourists and domestic visitors. An azhy is a sand sedimentation formed by the action of seawater, and it can be seen at particular weather conditions and the nature of the sea. An azhy is the place where the backwaters merge into the sea. A majestic light house stands like a signal tower guiding the seamen during night. This lighthouse is open to public during the Onam season. This place is also a popular shooting locations for Malayalam film songs. One can reach Andhakaranazhy via the Thanky-Andhakaranazhy-Pallithode beach road or divert towards west at Padmakshi-Kavilpalli junction on NH 47 near Pattanakkad. This place was one of the seriously affected area in Tsunami disaster which had hit the Kerala Coast on 26-Dec-2006. Smt. K. R. Gowri Amma,the revenue minister in the Kerala State's first elected government is from this village. She was the sitting MLA from Aroor constituency for many years. The Vyathara Trimurthi temple,a very rare and old temple dedicated to tri-gods trimurthi Lord Shiva,Vishnu and Brahma consecrated in a single sreekovil is located in Andhakaranazhy.The Kandakarana temple is also located near the Trimurthi temple.
4) Chennam Pallippuram, commonly known as Pallippuram, is a panchayath, situated in Cherthala taluk and belongs to Thycattussery block panchayath accessable by the Cherthala -Arukutty -Aroor road. The panchayath has an area |25.53 square kilometers,6202 households and a population of 27307 (13365 men and 13942 women) as per census of 2001.Pallipuram is also known for its huge deposits of white silica rich sand.The deposits of sand exists as Sand dunes dotted with cashew nut trees,a commonly visible landscape found on both sides of the Cherthala -Arookutty-Aroor road while travelling through Pallippuram.This sand has large demand in glass making industry.But due to its clandestine consumption many Sand dunes have disappeared from the landscape of Pallippuram.Pallippuram sand is now a restricted resource controlled by the Govt. Geology department.Pallippuram is surrounded with Vembanad Lake on eastern and western sides and Chenganda River on its southern side. The bridge over the river connects this area to the mainland of Cherthala.The IHRD engineering college,N.S.S Arts and Science College and few schools are located in this panchayat area.The crushing unit of Malabar Cements (owned by Government of Kerala) is located in the industrial area.The Cherthala Info Park with associated township and other infrastruture is another upcoming project under construction in Pallipuram panchayat.Thiruayranikkulam Kalathil Mahadeva temple, Kadavil Bhagavathi temple, and St. Mary's Church are also located in Pallipuram panchayat .The St. Thomas Hospital and Public Health Centre is also located in this area.Pallipuram is connected to Cherthala by road at a distance of 5 km. MLA road (parallel to Cherthala -Arukutty-Aroor road) is another major road in the locality.
5) Situated 13 km north of Alappuzha town, Kanichukulangara is famous for the Bhagavathy temple. It is believed that the shrine was consecrated by a Brahmin who happened to recognize Devi who had reached the shore. The souls of the brahmin and the maiden who is said to have fallen in love with Brahmin have been consecrated in small shrines inside the temple.
6) Muhamma is a Grama Panchayath in Cherthala Taluk. It is home to the famous Cheerappanchira kalari, where Ayyappan had his training in the martial arts; the Communist Party of India (Marxist) leader, Mrs. Susheela Gopalan (wife of A. K. Gopalan), was from this family.
7) Panavally is a serene village that is part of Cherthala taluk and Alappuzha district. It is at the north frontier of old Travancore state. Different branches of the backwaters of Vembanad surround the village. The studies on the soil of the place have shown that, like many regions of Kerala, this part of the land also emerged from the sea a few centuries ago. The sand in the southern part of this village is a great source of special silica sand, containing high concentration of pure silica. This is being used in many industries, in particular in brick (white) making. The Cherthala-Arookutty bus route goes through this village and runs parallel to the national highway NH 47. The economy in general is agriculture based, but equally supported by the seafood processing industry. Due to the proximity to the Cochin city, this village supplies workforce to the city as well. Major industries in this include Century Shipyard, Kuncharath coir mills etc. Nalpathaneeswaram Sree Mahadeva Temple, Thrichattukulam Mahadeva Temple, Edappangazhi Sree Krishna Temple, Odampally Devi Temple are the main Hindu religious centres in Panavally. Poochakkal Police Station and Thykkattussery Block Office are situated in this village.
8) Pattanakkad is a panchayath in Cherthala taluk. Andhakaranazhy is a major tourist destination in Pattanakkad.Andhakaranazhy is a beautiful beach and is also what is known in local language as azhi. Azhi is the natural join of the sea with the backwater. There is a lighthouse at this place and a shooting location for Hindi and south Indian films. Pattanakkad Mahadeva temple which is supposed to be one of 108 important Shiva temples of Kerela is located on NH47.Well reputed Pattanakkad Public School currently known as St. Joseph's Public School,Bishop Moore Vidya Pith and the Govt. Vocational Higher Secondary schools are located on NH-47 near Pattankad .The Milma Cattle feed plant is also located 2km north of Pattakad on NH-47.
9) Poochackal is an important small town. It is located jointly in Thycattussery and Panavally panchayaths. It is about 14 km from Cherthala and 25 km from Ernakulam. There are three schools, one VHSC, one Plus Two and one BEd centre in Poochackal. Royal and KC movies are the main cinema theatres. Nagari Sree Dharmasastha Temple, Sreekandeswaram Mahadevar Temple, Elikkattu Sreedharmasastha Temple, Thevarvattom Masjid, Manappuram St. Theresas church are the main worship places. Poochackal market is the local market of the area. Federal Bank, State Bank of Travancore, the Alleppey Dist Co-Operative Bank, Chertala service Co-Opertive Bank, Sub Treasury and the KSFE are the financial Institutions of the area. Thaliyaparambu temple famous for 'kalam kary' is here. Poochakkal police station and Land Registration Office fulfills the needs for the entire Thycattusserry Block.
10) Thiruvizha is situated about 5 km south-west of Cherthala and is famous for Shiva temple. The temple attracts large number of devotees because of the divine prasadam, which is supposed to possess medicinal and curative properties for mental illness.
11) Vayalar Raktha Sakshi Mandapam
Situated about 2.5 km north of Cherthala Kohinoor Travels Vayalar is a politically important place in the history of modern Kerala. The historic struggle at Vayalar by the communist party against Sir C.P. Ramaswamy Iyer, Diwan of Travancore, resulted in the relinquishment of the rule of Diwan. Hundreds of communists fell victim to the tragic police firing in 1946. There is martyrs' platform (Raktha Sakshi Mandapam) erected at this place. You can still find stump of the coconut tree in which a hole was created due to the police firing. Every year leading communist leaders come down here on the memorial day. This place is home to the late poet Vayalar Rama Varma and Union Minister Vayalar Ravi. It is also the birthplace of Mr. S. Raja, a famous industrialist in erode of Tamil Nadu.
Thus the Kohinoor Travels provide the service to the Cherthala which the above places can be viewed.